Who is Miss Glitchee?

WHO IS MISS GLITCHEE™?
I am who I am, I am in the act of creating myself, and I can only do that in the space of who I am not--
and so I have carefully created who I am not in order to experience who I actually am.^^

Monday, March 4, 2013

A NO ORDINARY FAIRY TALE

I don't really like the Cinderella mentality--
it left a damaging influence to us.
Cinderella cast an unacceptable stereotype--
that the damsel in distress should earn the prince.
Every fairy tale princess pose to be helpless since.
(And so do those who'd want to be one.)
Waiting for a knight to save them from the tower.
Waiting for a Prince Charming to wake them up with a kiss.
It started a social enigma.
Girls cannot be so witty, cannot be so strong, cannot be so assertive, cannot be so powerful.
(Just like the "cruel" stepsisters?)
Or these Prince Charmings wouldn't like it.
Female fairy tale antagonists are the first advocates of girl power and gender equality--
and yet no knight fell for them.
Prince Charming wasn't at all amused.
(And they blame the blondes for wanting to be dumb?)
Cinderella started a superficial world.
Where you'll need a total make-over,
courtesy of the fairy godmother,
to make the prince fall for you.
(So why didn't the prince recognize the romance when Cinderella was trying on the ever famous shoe on her regular clothes--
he was the first chauvinist male.)
Cinderella is a distortion of reality--
the reality that there are more important values other than
good looks, fancy dress and trappings.
That there are no fairy godmothers to save us.
That the prince should love us in our rags and cinders.^^


No comments:

Post a Comment