Who is Miss Glitchee?

WHO IS MISS GLITCHEE™?
I am who I am, I am in the act of creating myself, and I can only do that in the space of who I am not--
and so I have carefully created who I am not in order to experience who I actually am.^^

Monday, December 2, 2013

STARFISH IN MY CHEST



I have a starfish in my chest. 

Beyond being brainless dumb like Patrick,
(yes, they literally don't have brains)
and having such a distinctive shape, sea stars are famous for their ability to regenerate. 
Awesome right?
They can grow their damaged parts back and they can even shed limbs as a means of defense.
Just like the one in my chest.

She's been shattered quite a lot. 
From time to time, she has lost pieces of herself--
partly coz she's a dork, she's brainless anyway. 
She kinda finds it difficult to be trained often times, she hardly ever learns. 
So yeah, she hurts herself every now and then, shedding fragments of her.
At times too painful even, like a huge slab of her was gone, that she thinks she couldn't bear it through.

Happens mostly after letting someone in, after sharing herself, after giving a part of her to them-- and then being left behind.
They walk away with a part of her, leaving her altered, diminished. 
It's not a smooth task to grow back, it takes times, takes prowess, yet just like the star that she is, she always regenerates. 
And not only that-- she always shines. <3



No comments:

Post a Comment